Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cooking in a World of Geeks




Caught up in world of freaks and geeks, I am presently discovering the amazement of my advanced research class. Essentially a min-PhD., kind of like a sneak peak at the world of research and the absolute joy of it. The class, cutely titled I.Q. (Inquiry Quest 20 *the link gives somewhat of an idea of my class), requires us, that is all the advanced students, to immerse ourselves in to actual field experience.

My immersion works around case studies and home tests of foods. So let me introduce you to my topic, I am exploring the world of adolescent nutrition, and whether or not it's possible to bring the world of appeal beside it. So with recipes in hand, a kitchen, and for now (later on I ll be testing other teenagers) my mouth I am hunting down some delicious and nutritious recipes!
So in my hunt I encountered and prepared some fresh cream of celery, with freshly baked biscuits, and some Gouda for my lunch. Of course I had some coffee, with lots of cream and sugar ( I am not very serious about my black potion). The soup was the epitome of healthy, made with milk and only a drop of oil, cream, pureed celery and onions. The original recipe of the biscuits called for 1 and 1/2 cups of whole cream, giving one biscuit (out of 12) a whopping 200 calories, I substituted for milk and brought it down to a smaller digit. However, replacing the flour with whole wheat/grain would have been a healthier option. Gouda cheese, like most should be kept at a limit, but well thats my weakness--I love cheese! Overall a healthy meal, however lacking in protein.
-Pow


1 comment:

  1. Divi, you are amazing.
    I completely fall under the freak category mentioned
    And that food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete