Monday, April 14, 2008

Discoveries....noodles, cheese and sandwich's!



One of my best memories has to be eating instant noodles everyday after school in grade seven. Ever since I found out they were deep fried, instant noodles were refused entry in to my special pantry. However, I had an urge. So I decided I would make some Chow Mein Instant, and eat half the pack. And they were so terribly delicious, they were boiled till tender, the seasonings were a little spicy and a little nutty, and the noodles didn't stick to the pot. Its officially on my to-do list to attempt to create a 'healthy' instant noodle dish. Right now, I figure eating them with spinach and cottage cheese balances it out.




In other news, this last Friday, my brother calls me and asks if I wanted any cheese left over from a potluck he was at. So he started to list them, and from what I heard over the phone, he said 'sharp cheddar'. And I love sharp cheddar! So I said yes, and then I find out its actually smoked cheddar. Needless to say it was better than sharp cheddar. Smoked cheddar, is softer (only aged 60 days, sharp cheddar is aged 9 months), nuttier, and lighter. I was addicted all through out the week.


In daily huntings, today I had a simple lunch: a sandwich with Indian cheese (paneer) tomatoes, and ginger. Really good. But not something I'd eat every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment