Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fresh Corn Chowder



Okay, making soup from scratch had been one of my biggest nightmares. And now, its not!! Soups from scratch are considerably tastier, healthier, and lovelier than the nasty canned stuff. I made corn chowder: milk, red peppers, potato, canned corn, onions, butter, salt, and pepper. Thats it. It takes a while, but its easy and cooks in one pot. I used low sodium canned corn, and cut down the butter and replaced most of it with olive oil. In my opinion a perfect teenage meal.

I had half a slice of whole grain bread, cottage cheese, and tons of spinach. One of the best meals I've ever had. In fact, because making soups from scratch is soo much fun, Thursdays are officially soup testing days.

-Pow

2 comments:

  1. If you want a vegitarian chowder to taste like the kind with ham, you can use either smoked salt or a condiment called liquid smoke. I favour smoked salt.

    Great picture and sounds like heathy, yummy meal.

    Ms J

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats pretty neat, I went shopping today but I couldn't find it. Is it by seasonings?

    ReplyDelete