Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vietnamese Take Out




I love eating out. If I could I wou
ld almost do it everyday, however, its hard to find a fabulously, healthy, and fresh meal. Plus I am slightly paranoid regarding hygiene in commercial kitchens. In amongst my searches, I'd like to visit some local restaurants and rate the meals appeal, nutritious value, and maybe the environment. What I find most of the time is that restaurants portions are outrageously large, and you end up eating far more than you would normally. I think I'll including portion rating when I try some meals out!
Todays hunt, starts and stops at my lunch. Which was Vietnamese take-out, if my family eats out we always go for Vietnamese. I think its terribly tasty, and its a fine meal for the occasional treat. This one in particular was fairly light, rice noodles, with a layer of lettuce and cucumber at the bottom, mixed with pockets of chopped peanuts and carrots. Topped off with two spring rolls, and I added some ginger chicken to make it a 'meal'. I do admit that I was hungry by three. So not the hottest meal to keep you filled-up, the nutrient value of the meal would rise incredibly with sir fried vegetables, and slacking down on some of the oil would be a good idea.
----

P.s. Brennan, I would love to test out your salmon dill recipe (I am obsessed with dill...)

3 comments:

  1. i never eat out unless it's at something like the Genesis or Yip Hong's :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thats a super good habit to get in to. Its really difficult to find uberlish healthy meals outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to admit that my dad's favorite restaurant is Foody Goody aka The Great Buffet of China. I actually like the food there as well, no matter how unhealthy it is!

    I'm pretty sure that this is the recipe that we use, but I could be wrong!

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1817,157179-233192,00.html

    ReplyDelete